Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2000

Printable version

[sharechat] Why is Acquaria trading above asset backing?

From: "Chris Castle" <captain@voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:41:51 +1300

Hugh,

IMHO the value that the market attributes to Acquaria is only partially
related to the current asset backing - listed shell companies (even
insolvent ones) have an intrinsic value linked, among other factors, to the
value of tax losses, and the costs of other ways of accessing an entry to
the share market. If you cast your mind back there are numerous examples of
this in recent years. Generally, the fewer possible hassles, the greater the
intrinsic value of the listing.

Regards,

Chris Castle